There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig and in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for addiction.
Castle Craig has not only academic and theoretical backing for its treatment programme, but it also has mounting evidence on its own outcomes. Very few treatment services can show this depth of support for their methods.
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2015*
- 73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about one year).
- 91.8% of those questioned were either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or abstinent.
- 81.6% were classed as a “good outcome” by the independent reviewers.
- Our treatment is very successful. It is evidence-based, and the evidence is independently verified.
It is now 5 years ago that I left for treatment at Castle Craig and today I am 5 years clean. Life becomes more and more a pleasant journey and I am day by day more grateful to have a life. Thanks for the treatment, it was so good. Andrew.
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2010*
- 61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks).
- 89% of those questioned were either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent.
- Our treatment is independently and scientifically proven to work.
2007 Outcome Study for cocaine-addicted patients at Castle Craig Hospital*
66% of those who completed treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 3-5 years).
84% of those questioned live with reduced alcohol or drug use, or are entirely abstinent.
Our treatment is independently and scientifically proven to work.
(* Independent analysis of outcome data, Christo Research Systems)
A successful treatment programme for addictive disease needs structure because so often in the lives of our patients there is no structure. The drug dictates how they live their life.
– Senior Therapist More Patient Voices
What makes our treatment successful?
Articles & Industry Studies
Castle Craig employs some of the leading authorities on the subject of alcohol and addiction. In addition to following the latest developments and research in our sector, we attend and present at conferences and commission our own research. Because of our high reputation, the media often seeks out staff opinions and contributions.
There is a vast body of evidence to show that residential treatment for addictions can enable people to lead drug-free lives.
At Castle Craig, we strive to provide the highest standard of treatment, and the results show that our treatment is effective.
In this section of the website, we are making available a number of addiction treatment research reports that we think are relevant to those interested in learning more about the disease of addiction and seeing the detailed evaluations about Castle Craig Hospital.
Archive of treatment outcomes studies.