- Castle Craig Hospital is one of Europe’s leading rehabilitation clinics.
- Castle Craig treats alcohol and drug addiction and related psychiatric conditions such as depression, anxiety, trauma and stress.
- Castle Craig considers addiction to be a disease and not a moral disorder or a disorder of learned behaviour.
- Castle Craig has been treating privately insured and NHS funded patients since 1988. To date, about 10,000 patients have received treatment at Castle Craig.
- Castle Craig employs 7 doctors, 14 nurses and 28 therapists. (As of Feb 2016)
- Castle Craig has 52 beds in its intensive “detox” unit where patients can stay for up to six weeks.
- A further 72 beds are located in a separate extended care unit, where patients can enter the second phase of treatment.
About our addiction treatment
As a length of treatment, Castle Craig promotes the 90 days ‘Gold Standard’, which has been shown to be the threshold for significant improvement.*
Castle Craig’s view of “recovery” is abstinence from alcohol and mood-altering drugs – not substitution of one drug for another.
Experience shows that abstinence-based treatment really works – the 12 step philosophy used by AA and NA has helped millions of people all over the world to recover.
If you are a media company and require more information about Castle Craig Hospital, please contact the office of the Development Director, Dominic McCann on +44 (0)1721 722 763. or firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last reviewed and medically fact-checked | October 17, 2019