Castle Craig is a Category B listed building, built in 1798 by Sir. John Gibson Carmicheal; relative of the Earl of Hyndford.
Castle Craig has retained many of its original features including magnificent fireplaces, marble pillars, beautifully carved panelling and furniture and many other features.
The first task on taking over the building was to restore the décor in keeping with the period whilst converting the building into a 55 capacity treatment centre.
Since then, other parts of the estate’s grounds and buildings have been developed to make the majority of the estate fully functional as an addiction rehabilitation clinic, in a dramatic and beautiful countryside setting. In particular we have renovated and built around the old coach houses which are now an extended care facility; and the old gatehouses which are listed buildings; we have made every effort to preserve the original feel of the estate while incorporating a progressive and modern touch worthy of a leading hospital.
The coat of arms
Please click on any of the detail to see an explanation of the features. Every feature on the Coat of Arms has a particular significance to Castle Craig and its purpose.