Here at Castle Craig, we know how important it is for people to know what to expect when it comes to the daily structure and schedules of alcohol rehab. What’s it really like? What happens during treatments?
Whilst we cannot attest to what it is like anywhere else, we can certainly tell you what to expect at our alcohol rehab facility in Scotland.
But we will leave you with this little caveat before you begin reading ahead; every patient is different. They have their own needs and requirements, which means they will have their own busy daily schedule that is aimed at getting them better – our model is not one size fits all.
To learn how your journey may look at Castle Craig, call us now.
So what is it like at Castle Craig?
In our alcohol treatment facility, you will be part of a daily schedule consisting of individual counselling, group sessions, complementary wellness therapies and community activities.
In a snapshot:
- Biopsychosocial assessments
- Detox (if applicable)
- Daily individual and group therapy
Examples of timetables for two of our programmes
Advanced Programme (Extended Stay)
You’ll also have scheduled downtime for study and relaxation, and have access to medical care should you need it.
Here at Castle Craig, your partner or family members may attend therapy with you or be involved in your treatment. We are able to integrate family therapy sessions into your treatment plan so that you can re-emerge into regular, daily life with no issues.
We go the extra mile
Alcohol addiction treatment primarily concentrates on therapy. However, here at Castle Craig, we can also combine holistic and wellness methods into your treatment plan to give you an all-around life-changing experience.
On top of this, we have designed our premises and facilities to encourage comfort, trust and safety.
We want you to feel at home here, we have a selection of en-suite private bedrooms, wellness therapies such as massage, provide educational talks on addiction and incorporate fitness into your stay with an on-site trainer.
What is alcohol rehab like?
- Our treatments for alcoholism take place in an accepting, respectful and non-judgemental environment.
- Inpatient alcohol rehab is designed to be a retreat from daily life, where you can gain perspective, find peace of mind and focus entirely on your path to sober wellbeing.
- At Castle Craig, our private castle is in the centre of the beautiful rolling hills of the Scottish Borders, which sets a memorable and calming stage for the beginning your recovery journey.
How the treatment will be
At Castle Craig our residential rehab programmes to treat alcohol addiction allows for:
- A necessary break from the environmental factors that act as triggers
- A broader perspective on your day-to-day life
- More thorough immersion in your treatment program
- Specialist one-on-one therapy sessions
- Peer support, group therapy and connection to a sober community
- Access to medical staff including psychiatrists
Bonds formed with others in the recovery community are an essential part of the experience, as these facilitate treatment progress, serve as a model for positive relationships and create a valuable support network.
Whilst an alcohol rehab programme requires a more significant investment than outpatient or online options, our addiction professionals and psychiatrists all agree that a 4-week programme plus 24 weeks of online outpatient therapy is superior in its effectiveness and subsequent prevention of future addiction-related expenses.
Get in touch today
If you need emergency mental health advice or medical support please call the NHS 24 helpline as soon as possible on 111. The advice is free and could save your life.
You’re nearly there.