An exciting vacancy has arisen within our communications and marketing department for an enthusiastic, conscientious person with a proven track record in marketing, PR and communications.
Castle Craig rehab clinic is a centre of excellence for the treatment of addictive disease, located in the Scottish Borders, within a 35 minute commute to Edinburgh. We are leaders in the UK and European rehab field. Castle Craig treats up to 90 patients at a time, and our clinic in Ireland treats 22. We have clinics and networks in The Netherlands, Sweden and France. Ideally you will have experience in healthcare communications, or a strong desire and motivation to work in this sector, making a difference to people’s lives.
This job is ideal for someone who is a team player with strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are looking for someone conscientious and hardworking who is able to be flexible when necessary; with project planning, time management and self-organisation skills adept at juggling a number of projects and tasks effectively and effectively meeting deadlines.
We are looking for a Communications Executive to support the Communications Manager with planning and coordinating content for the company’s website including the blogs and social media. You will manage the written contributions of our contracted blog writers as well as being responsible for editing and uploading the online content with a focus on search engine optimisation. You will have a high level of IT literacy and help with designing and producing company literature, promotional materials, videos and photography.
You will support the digital communications team by monitoring content processing through Castle Craig’s digital workflow tools (WordPress, Google Analytics, AhRefs, MOZ, SEMRush, Hootsuite and various other services etc.) A large part of your role involves proofreading website content and liaising with team members & managers for approval; maintaining and updating the company’s website with services and company information; registering, checking and uploading content/promos, images and metadata.
You will assist the Communications Manager with media and PR work as well as preparing for event organisation and conference attendance. You will also assist with internal communications within the company and between companies.
You will be available to travel on occasion and provide administrative assistance when requested by Senior Management and carry out ad hoc tasks when requested by line manager or supervisor.
Position: Communications Executive
Full time: Full Time – 40 hours per week. Flexible working options may be considered
Salary: £24,000 – 27,000 dependent on experience and training.
Reporting to: Communications Manager
Skills and Qualities
The Communications Executive must:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be a team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Enthusiastic and hands on; proactive and happy to help when requested;
- Be able to prioritise and multi-task over a number of projects and tasks effectively;
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accurate recording of data. Impeccable task management and exemplary reporting skills are necessary;
- Be conscientious and hardworking, able to be flexible when necessary;
- Be confident on the phone, able to keep accurate records;
- Possess project planning, time management and self-organisation skills;
- Be motivated, able to work autonomously with minimal supervision;
- Possess strong administrative skills and a methodical approach to handling tasks and meeting deadlines;
- Possess a variety of the following: strong Microsoft Office skills, Word Press skills, Google Analytics, Mail Chimp, Adobe Suite software, InDesign and Photoshop skills; social media skills, experience with different online systems of data collection, graphic design skills, possess digital SEO understanding and willing to learn new digital skills quickly and with confidence.
Experience: Worked in a PR/Communications/Marketing role previously for 3+ years. Social Media Marketing: 2 years.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s (Required)
Castle Craig is situated in a beautiful rural location and own transport is necessary.
All applicants should apply online by clicking the apply link at the bottom of this page and submitting an up to date CV. The application process is quick and easy to follow, and you will receive email confirmation of safe receipt of your application. The online system allows you to submit a CV and other attachments.
If you have any further questions about working at Castle Craig please contact:
Castle Craig Hospital,
Peeblesshire EH46 7DH.