Job Title: Governance Administration Assistant (part-time)
Reports To: Governance Support Manager
Accountable To: Operations Manager
Hours of Work: This is a Fixed Term Contract for One Year on a Part Time basis
(20 hours per week): Monday to Friday 0900 – 13.00 (hours may be negotiable)
The Governance Administration Assistant will work under the direction of the Governance Support Manager to support Castle Craig Hospital in the achievement of clinical excellence and patient safety, acknowledging best practice in risk management and confidentiality at all times.
- To maintain and record documents / forms / policies for use throughout the Hospital
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure library on the hospital intranet.
- Assist Governance Support Manager in preparation of documentation for hospital management meetings.
- Support the Governance Group in the co-ordination, recording of policy audit and review, and follow up.
- Assist the Head Therapist and Therapy Unit Leads with administrative tasks such as the compilation and distribution of weekly patient lists in a timely manner.
- Take minutes of any meetings as required.
- Assist in the co-ordination of evidence for Hospital-wide inspections by Healthcare Improvement Scotland, Intertek and other inspection bodies as required.
- Minute the weekly ECU House Leader meeting and liaise with appropriate staff to ensure completion of matters arising.
- Assist with preparation of reports of focus groups, patient feedback studies, activity evaluations, etc.
- Assist in ensuring that patient information leaflets are kept current and available.
- Assist in ensuring that patient noticeboards are kept current and accurate.
- Assist in ensuring arrangements for the Hospital’s annual Reunion are in place.
- Photocopy as required; shredding of outdated documents.
During periods of staff absence, you may also be required to:
- Assist with preparation of HR documentation, including preparation of induction folders.
- Provide reception cover.
- Assist with database entry.
This job description is not definitive or exhaustive. It is a reflection of the present requirement and may be subject to review and amendment in light of future changes and developments. The post holder may, therefore be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the post.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in an office environment.
- Smart professional appearance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, dealing with all levels of people (patients, clinicians, directors, external people and colleagues).
- The ability to handle sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality with regard to both patient and corporate information.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Needs to be able to work co-operatively with team members and with other staff to achieve team and organisational goals.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work flexibly to meet organisation needs.
- Must be comfortable with maintaining processes / procedures.
- Needs to be able to stay calm when under pressure.
- Needs to be able to apply common sense when dealing with situations which do not fit the norm.
- Must be adaptable and comfortable dealing with changing priorities.
- Due to the hospital’s location the post holder must be able to provide own transport to and from work
- Experience of working with Sage, MS Access, MS PowerPoint or similar software packages.
- Should have the desire and ability to develop within the role and to develop the role to meet the changing nature of governance and of the organisation.
- Some experience in the audit process.
Governance Administration Assistant (Part Time Fixed Term)
Castle Craig Hospital is a private residential addiction facility, with a focus on excellence. Set in a private country estate in the Scottish Borders, Castle Craig is approximately 10 miles from Peebles and Biggar and 20 minutes from the Edinburgh bypass.
Castle Craig seeks a part-time Governance Administration Assistant for one year. The successful applicant will work within the Hospital’s governance team to maintain documentation and policies, assist with daily and weekly administrative tasks to maintain the smooth management of the hospital’s treatment programme, and assist with preparation for regulatory inspections.
Hours are 09.00-13.00 Monday-Friday (may be flexible). A competitive salary, pension, free parking and lunches are available to all staff. Due to the Hospital’s rural location, own transport is required.
Closing date for applications: Friday 14thDecember 2018