We are currently seeking to recruit and enthusiastic and dedicated person for the post of Head Housekeeper.
Castle Craig Hospital is one of the UK’s most established and respected addiction rehabilitation centres receiving patients from all over the world. Castle Craig Hospital is located in the stunning countryside of the Scottish Borders.
Do you have experience of managing and motivating a housekeeping team?
Do you have an eye for detail and standards within a high quality environment?
This Head Housekeeping role involves:
- Management of a team of Housekeeping staff
- Design and Implementation of cleaning rotas
- Maintaining the highest standards of cleaning in all areas of the hospital
- Management of the in-house laundry
- Management and monitoring of all cleaning tasks
- Administration duties including purchase of household supplies
- Management of safe working practices following all legislation and policies and procedures
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations, ensuring the team is properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- Collaborate with Maintenance Department in order to maintain interior design and equipment Implement and maintain systems which ensure open communication between the Housekeeping and other departments
As Head of Housekeeping you will work 5 days out of 7, hours are 40 hours per week.
Housekeeping Manager – Essential Skills
- Previous experience essential
- Ideally from a 4/5* background
- Budget management
- Effective Rostering
- Cost control
- Attention to detail
- Able to direct the team in a friendly supportive manner
To be considered for this post you will need to have supervisory/ management experience, demonstrate flexibility with a can-do attitude, be enthusiastic with the ability to lead a team, implement and monitor schedules whilst producing work to a high standard. Preferably have hotel or similar experience and COSHH Certification. Previous assistant or Head Housekeeper experience is essential.
Competitive rates of pay are on offer circa £24 to 27 ,000 depending on skills and experience, along with free parking and free meals whilst on duty.
You will require to have your own transport.
If you would like to apply for the post of Head of Housekeeping please send a completed application form to Janey Lawson [email protected]
Castle Craig Hospital
Tel: 01721 726133