Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Update
At Castle Craig Hospital we are dedicated to treating those suffering from addictions with compassion, commitment and clinical excellence. Ensuring the health and safety of our patients and staff is of paramount importance to us.
We have taken rapid steps to roll-out the highest level of infection control on our estate and there are no cases of COVID-19 at Castle Craig Hospital.
In light of rapidly changing events and guidance, we have formed a Major Incident COVID-19 Response Team, composed of Senior Management, Clinical Staff, infection control nurses and other relevant managers.
We are taking the following action:
- We are implementing virtual attendance at recovery meetings which were formerly offsite.
- We are thoroughly screening all potential patient admissions for infection.
- Visits from family members and visitors are not permitted unless in exceptional circumstances.
- We have implemented hand hygiene protocols in accordance with guidelines issued by Public Health.
- We are maintaining the highest level of infection control and sanitisation across our estate.
- We are limiting company related travel to essential trips only, requiring CEO authorisation.
- We are monitoring all developments on the Coronavirus front, news and recommendations from the Government and Chief Medical Officer and the World Health Organisation to ensure that current best-practices keep our patients and staff healthy and safe.
This is a dynamic and changing situation so we will continue to monitor updates to the situation and we as a hospital will respond accordingly. As a medical establishment our patients, their treatment and their safety remain our primary concern. We are taking these steps in a careful and thoughtful manner to ensure that our patients can continue to receive the highest level of care in the safest possible environment and to ensure staff safety. We will continue to update this page on a regular basis.
Dr Margaret McCann,