A Highly Experienced team
Our team take great care in guiding patients through their treatment experience. Our staff are passionate about their work and we have high staff retention rate – in fact the majority of our staff have been with us for 5 years or longer, and some have been through treatment themselves. Many have commented that Castle Craig has a warm and family-like atmosphere, which channels the continuity and purpose of our work.
Our patient satisfaction rate of 98% speaks for itself and many people who experienced Castle Craig return to visit for our annual reunion or else keep in touch with their therapists and other staff members are they leave treatment.
An International Addiction Treatment Clinic
Many of our staff come from the UK but we also have a Consultant Psychiatrist from Germany, a doctor from Romania, therapists from the The Netherlands, the U.S, Portugal and other countries. Our international staff help ensure that patients from other countries feel welcome.
- Consultant Psychiatrist who directs the medical treatment programme;
- Oversees the head nurse and nursing department;
- Monitors the therapies and the therapists’ training programme;
- The medical director regularly keeps in touch with patients around Castle Craig and the extended treatment facility. As one of the team of psychiatrists, they will also conduct regular medical work including assessments and discharge planning.
- Psychiatrists specialising in addiction treatment;
- Manage the medical assessments & personalised care plans of patients;
- Assess detoxification requirements and prescribe medication;
- Joins multidisciplinary team meetings and discusses with the rest of the medical and clinical team;
- Continually monitor the physical and mental health status of patients throughout treatment and approve all discharge plans.
Certified Addiction Therapists
- Deliver psychosocial talking therapies including specialist and perhaps also complementary therapies in groups or individually;
- All patients are assigned a focal therapist to guide them through their individualised treatment plan;
- All our therapists have IC&RC accreditation, university degrees or diplomas in addiction counselling and BACP and COSCA accreditation and attend continuous training. Others have qualifications in trauma therapy and CBT.
- Ensure dedicated onsite medical cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
- The doctor is immediately available to deal with any medical emergencies that arise;
- Responsible for monitoring detox and the medical supervision of patients.
- Provide nursing care and monitor the physical and mental health needs of patients throughout treatment;
- Nurses assist the doctors with the medical assessment;
- Distribute medication;
- Supervise detox;
- Nurses respond to any immediate needs – either health or emotional or other.
At Castle Craig the nursing team works hard to ensure that patients in the intensive care unit have 24 hour medical cover.