Castle Craig is a leading residential addiction rehab clinic for the treatment of alcohol, drug and gambling addiction. We are located in Scotland, and help people from all over the world.
Do you want to:
- Achieve abstinence from gambling and mood-altering substances,
- Understand why you have this addiction and how you can recover,
- Build up your self-esteem, assertiveness and impulse control,
- Rebuild broken family relationships,
- Get treatment for any underlying psychological issues you have, such as depression, anxiety, bereavement or trauma,
- Begin to get your debts and finances under control?
Gambling Addiction Treatment
Our trained therapists facilitate Gamblers Anonymous 12 Step groups where compulsive gamblers can share their experiences and support each other.
You will have complete privacy and confidentiality in 50 acres of beautiful private parkland.
You will be treated by some of the most experienced doctors, psychiatrists & therapists in Europe.
Your treatment programme will be personalised to your needs and we treat any underlying problems and issues you have.
You can get here easily – we are located 45 minutes away from Edinburgh International Airport and provide a shuttle service for our patients.
Since 1988 we have treated over 8,000 patients from around the world and our patient satisfaction rate is over 90%.
Understanding Gambling Addiction
Whether you buy lottery tickets, bet on sports, play poker online or visit casinos, gambling can become compulsive, leading to serious problems.
These are some of the symptoms of problem gambling:
- Preoccupation with gambling and obsession with the next fix,
- Unsuccessful attempts to stop,
- Betting increasing amounts of money and taking greater risks to get more of a high,
- Conflict – gambling begins to conflict with personal and professional relationships,
- Withdrawal – increased moodiness, anxiety and irritability when unable to gamble.
Gambling is often linked to alcohol & drug addiction
Very often another addiction e.g. alcohol dependence may co-exist along with gambling and it is essential that these other addictions are addressed.