Have you reached a point where everything feels a bit too much? Do you rely on alcohol or drugs to cope with those feelings? Or perhaps you might be struggling with a gambling or gaming addiction? The stress of addiction can be overwhelming to say the least, but you’re in the right place.
Castle Craig over the last 30 years has treated over 10,000 patients reclaim their lives and break free from the cycle of addiction.
Many of our patients have included those struggling with addiction in Carlisle, Brampton and Dalston as there is little in the way of drug, alcohol and behavioural rehab or support in the North West of England.
Not only is Castle Craig one of the nearest rehab clinics to Carlisle (CA1), but we are actually one of the best rehabs in the UK due to the extent of our facilities and medical staff.
Drug and Alcohol Abuse Statistics Carlisle
- The Office for National Statistics figures show there were 33 drug-related deaths recorded in Carlisle in 2020. This figure was up from 18 the year before and marks the eighth successive year of increase. The deaths relate to poisoning from a variety of illegal and legal drugs, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines.
- Levels of alcohol consumption are higher in Cumbria than nationally. Despite this, only about 19% of the estimated 5,373 individuals with an alcohol dependency in Cumbria are currently in treatment.
- Barrow currently has the highest rates of alcohol related violent crime, while drug related offences are highest in Carlisle.
Finding peace: The first step
Hidden in the stunning south-eastern Scottish Borders, Castle Craig near Edinburgh is an evidence-based inpatient rehab that has saved thousands.
You can self-refer yourself to our facility, and the first step to do this is to partake in a short, FREE addiction assessment, which will serve as the foundation of your treatment plan (if you pursue treatment with us).
From here, a psychiatrist will oversee your case, determine a diagnosis and prescribe suitable therapies.
It’s during this call that we will begin to explore the possible underlying causes of your addiction and identify any co-occurring mental health issues.
Call 01721 722 763 to arrange an assessment now.
“Life-saving” evidence-based addiction treatments
All of our patients have their own stories to tell and their unique journey to travel. However, most of our patients all share mental health difficulties like trauma, anxiety and depression.
Our addiction treatments are often effective as they mix holistic and proven therapies to equip you with effective coping tools so that you can manage any co-occurring issues that might fuel your drinking in the first place.
For 30 years, we’ve been providing medically managed drug detoxes combined with essential therapies to help people break free from the addictive substances that ruin their lives.
Behavioural addictions rehab
Have you experienced a loss of control over your daily life and habits? Don’t worry, it happens. To prevent your behaviour from further damaging yourself and impacting the lives of those around you, now might be time to get help and unlearn the harmful habits and practices you have formed.
Getting to us
Our exceptional hospital and rehab facility is represented by some of the UK’s best psychiatrists and therapists, who have helped many Carlisle residents achieve long-lasting abstinence.
Our address: Blyth Bridge, West Linton EH46 7DH
Travelling to Castle Craig from Carlisle
For those that are travelling from Carlisle, Newby West, Dalston or Wetheral the fastest way to reach our facility is via car or train. Visitors coming from the North West of England can expect the journey to take around 1 and half hours.
By car: via A74(M) and A701
- Get on M6 from A7
- Take A74(M) to A701 in Dumfries and Galloway. Take exit 15 from A74(M)
- Continue on A701. Drive to Castle Craig in Scottish Borders
By train: 3 hours and 5 mins
- Carlisle Station to Edinburgh
- Then walk 1 minute to North Bridge (STOP NE), take the X62 to Galashiels and switch at the Post Office to take the 93 to West Linton and continue until you reach Castle Craig
Castle Craig is only a short drive away from Edinburgh (half an hour or so) so we can help to arrange transport or a taxi if you need help doing so. Get in touch.
How we aim to help you recover
We expertly combine detoxes with therapy treatments to ensure that we get you free and clean from drugs or alcohol before we begin with therapy. This is why here at Castle Craig, we recommend 35 days (5 weeks) of treatment rather than shorter residential stays.
Patients choosing our facility can rely on and benefit from round-the-clock medical monitoring and proven to work therapies.
Why Castle Craig has been described as “life-changing”
- Pivotal one-to-one sessions with a therapist
- Instant access to treatment
- Flexible choice around treatment programmes
- Direct introduction to accredited psychologists and therapists
- A medical director who supervises your case
- 24/7 medical team consisting of doctors and nurses
- Accredited by Counselling Psychotherapy Scotland (COSCA)
Proof that our rehab programme works
Our specialised programmes have seen great success in helping our visitors attain long-lasting sobriety.
“From 250 patients surveyed 73.4% remained abstinent from all drugs and alcohol a year after treatment. “
Free support resources for alcoholism and drug addiction in Carlisle
Those in Carlisle looking for free support and help can choose to give Castle Craig a call (01721 722 763) or visit the below helplines for further advice.
For individuals experiencing addiction
- NHS: Where to get help.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): Find a meeting.
- Narcotics Anonymous: Local meetings.
- Cocaine Anonymous UK: Find a meeting.
Get in touch today
If you need emergency mental health advice or medical support please call the NHS 24 helpline as soon as possible on 111. The advice is free and could save your life.
You’ll be glad you did.