Castle Craig is a world-renowned residential rehab clinic based in the Scottish Borders, just 40 minutes drive from Edinburgh and one hour from Glasgow.
Our state of the art facility treats people suffering from alcohol and drug addictions, many of whom have other complex underlying conditions and mental health difficulties.
We’re here to help with any behaviour or substance addiction, including gambling and gaming addiction, depression, anxiety, trauma, relationship issues, and eating disorders.
We treat a range of addictions including:
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug addiction
- Opiate addiction
- Prescription drug addiction
- Benzodiazepine addiction
- Dual-diagnosis disorders
Free addiction assessment near Cumbernauld
The first step to getting help is an assessment. Call 01721 728118.
- Telephone assessment takes 30 minutes
- Completely free of charge or obligation
- Confidential and understanding
- Allows us to advise on the correct treatment plan including detoxes
If you choose to attend Castle Craig you would also undergo a consultation with a psychiatrist before rehab.
“An impressive 98% patient satisfaction rate.”
Addiction is an illness
It is important to get the help you need before the illness takes hold.
Though many people are apprehensive about in-patient rehabilitation, this is one of the most successful ways to break free from the cycle of addiction.
One of Castle Craig’s main advantages is its expert team of addiction therapists who are accredited with either COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy Scotland) Scotland’s professional body for counselling and psychotherapy or BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy).
Why pay to go to rehab to recover?
Some of the pros of choosing to go private:
- You can usually start private rehab as soon as you are ready.
- There is more flexibility and choice in regards to your treatment methods.
- There will likely be better resources in a private facility.
- You will often get more 1-on-1 time with a therapist.
- No waiting lists
We use a holistic treatment approach that incorporates a variety of therapies and proven treatment methods. This includes the renowned 12 step treatment model, cognitive behavioural therapy, group therapy, individual therapy, EDMR, trauma therapy, grief therapy and family counselling etc.
Everyone that comes to Castle Craig has a different story and therefore has a different requirement in regards to what kind of help they need to address their substance dependency and any underlying or closely connected issues.
Our specially developed, evidence-based residential treatment programme to address alcohol and drug dependency has helped over 10,000 people regain control over their lives.
Our medical team have decades of experience in managing the essential detoxification stage of giving up addictive drugs. Whether you are stopping using cocaine, prescription drugs, opiates or cannabis, we offer a treatment programme that enables you to break the cycle of addiction in safety and minimal discomfort.
Behavioural addictions rehab
Addiction takes many different shapes. People with a behavioural addiction often experience feelings of a loss of control over their habits. When it gets to the point of feeling this ‘loss of control’ or when certain behaviours are impacting your life and the lives of those around you, many people turn to rehab to get their life back.
Other behaviours such as eating, shopping, browsing the internet, porn and sex can become compulsive and lead to addiction.
If you want to be free from addiction then Castle Craig can help you live a sober life, free from drugs or actiing out
NHS Resources for Cumbernauld and Wider Lanarkshire
For those based in Airdrie, Bellshill, Coatbridge, Motherwell, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Clydesdale or Wishaw some options available to you include:
- North and South Integrated Rehabilitation Teams (IRT) are currently carrying out community visits for all priorities, to assess/treat and support service.
- North Lanarkshire Addiction Recovery Team (ART) offers a variety of services to support people experiencing difficulties with alcohol or drug use.
- There are many Alcoholics Anonymous meetings that take place every week in Cumbernauld.
Although there are NHS resources available, like most health services the budget is often stretched and people can find themselves on long waiting lists before receiving any help.
If you would like to go private but are worried about the costs, click here to find out about costs and funding.
Contact Castle Craig
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2015*
- 4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year).
- 8% of those questioned either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent.
- 6% were classed as a “good outcome” by the independent reviewers.
Our treatment is very successful. It is evidence-based, and the evidence is independent.
If you want to find out more about our high-quality, dependable treatment, don’t be afraid to get in contact.
Call: 01721 728118. or make an enquiry here.
Other Addiction Resources in Cumbernauld
- The first step is to talk to your GP. Read more about NHS support
- Cumbernauld Alcoholics Anonymous – Wednesday Meetup
- Find out about shopping addiction here.
- Addictive Eaters Anonymous Glasgow.
- Find out about a typical admissions process for rehab here
Page last reviewed and clinically fact-checked | September 9, 2021