Hervé Willems is a French chef with extensive experience in Paris, Loire Valley, Germany, London and Scotland, and has previously managed his own restaurant. Hervé now operates as Executive Chef at Castle Craig.
Hervé was formerly a Private Chef at ‘Chef Hervé’ where he was known for his excellent standards and quality, as well as innovation and efficiency. It is within this framework that Hervé maintains his reputation. He has a genuine passion for his trade and finds immense satisfaction in passing on his love of food to the patients and staff at Castle Craig. As a person Hervé is professional and highly organised, he is reliable, a good team player and comfortable with staff and clients at all levels. As a good communicator Hervé is able to pass on his knowledge and skills to others and enjoys building relationships with key suppliers to source the best local ingredients.
Skills and experiences
High level of cuisine knowledge and practical expertise, covering French, British, European and international techniques and cookery spanning a career of more than 30 years in Hotel Catering.
– Owner of Chef Hervé, a venture mainly providing clients with a chef, Maitre’D and Managing for their holiday and business requirements, this has included Mercedes Benz business trip in Scottish Highlands, VIPS and family holidays around the world.
– Experience working with large multinational caterer as Head Chef for Sodexo prestige in Paris.
– Cooking for the Scotland Rugby Team whilst Head Chef at Stobo Castle (2004/2005)
– Owner and Head Chef of a successful restaurant in the Loire Valley in Beaugency recognised by Michelin, Gault Millau and Guide Champerard.
– Working as Maitre’D and Restaurant Manager in different style restaurant from Bistro, Brasserie and Michelin star.
– Experience managing and teaching individuals and teams; A tutor at Edinburgh School of Food and wine and offering private tuition at the Jean Christophe Novelli Academy near London.
– Demonstrated and carried out cooking lessons at Edinburgh Taste Festival.