Just for women
At Castle Craig, we understand that it can sometimes be difficult for a woman to talk about the emotional pain and traumatic experiences she has gone through in a group that includes men.
Women’s Group provides a safe and comfortable setting for women in recovery to open up and share stories and feelings that they may otherwise keep hidden.
There are a number of benefits to a women-only therapy group, including:
- Non-confrontational, non-judgemental and compassionate environment for women to share their struggles, fears and anxieties
- Sharing within a women’s only group creates a safe community
- Members can develop a shared sense of empathy and community, find common issues and provide mutual support that can be transferred to a safe network once people leave rehabilitation and are back to their home environment
- All-female groups provide a more supportive setting for treating co-occurring disorders that women commonly struggle with, such as trauma or eating disorders.
- Women’s group therapy helps address specific social and emotional problems that are usually associated with substance use among women, such as:
- Negative portrayal of women in society and the media
- Stereotypes about beauty and women’s sexuality
- Social and familial pressure
- Marital problems
- Intimate partner abuse or codependency
- Other interpersonal reasons that could contribute to addiction
Get in touch today
You’ll be glad you did.
Experiences of All-Female Therapy
Three female residents in Castle Craig’s Serenity House talk about how women’s therapy has helped them open up more in therapy sessions.
Page last reviewed and clinically fact-checked | October 12, 2021