Improving Outcomes with Extended Treatment
It has been shown that the longer a person stays in treatment, the better the outcome for abstinence as well as overall improvements. Three months is now referred to as the “gold standard” of treatment.
Patients Coming from Castle Craig
For patients coming from the Castle Craig primary treatment programme, our Consultant Psychiatrist makes a recommendation for Extended Treatment to the patient based on their progress in their personal treatment plan.
Patients Coming from External Referrers
Our admissions team will work with you over the phone to gather the information necessary to complete the admission. Our Consultant Psychiatrist may wish to speak with any treating professionals or with the patient. For more information please visit our Information for Referrers page.
Our Extended Treatment programme is open to anyone who has been through a 4-6 week, 12 Step based rehab treatment programme.
Why Extended Treatment at Castle Craig?
- We run an extended treatment programme with twice daily group therapy, 1:1 therapy with a focal therapist, specialised group therapies and daily AA/NA fellowship meetings;
- Our extensive variety of complementary therapies;
- We work with referrers and provide frequent updates on patient progress;
- Our location provides patients with a unique, private setting where they can focus on making a full recovery;
- Onsite medical team 24/7;
- Full time Consultant Psychiatrist at Castle Craig;
- Experienced and highly qualified Extended Care therapy team;
- We have a robust continuing care plan, implemented and worked through with the patient before discharge;
- We have an onsite gym staffed by qualified instructors;
- We frequently provide free transport for Extended Care patients to leave Castle Craig for AA/NA groups and excursions.