Treatment for Gambling Addiction
- Understand their addiction,
- Recognise the consequences of their addiction,
- Recognise what they want in place of gambling,
- Build self-esteem, assertiveness and impulse control,
- Manage their debts and finances.
How Gambling Addiction Therapy Works
Through CBT we help patients with gambling addiction to develop and achieve SMART goals. This enables patients to measure their progress through small but significant steps. SMART goals must be: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, Time-bound. These can be:
- To abstain from alcohol, drugs and gambling,
- To work with a debt counsellor to resolve financial issues,
- To learn relapse prevention strategies,
- To develop a healthy, new lifestyle through a good diet, exercise and creative therapies,
- To rebuild broken relationships with family, friends and colleagues.
Our trained therapists run Gamblers Anonymous 12 Step groups where compulsive gamblers can share their experiences and support each other.
Understanding Gambling Addiction
Known as a ‘behavioural addiction’, gambling eventually leads to serious financial difficulties, problems at work, dysfunctional family life and sometimes suicide. Whether you buy lottery tickets, bet on sports, play poker online or visit casinos, gambling can become compulsive.
Castle Craig is one of the very first Residential Rehab Clinics in the UK offering treatment for Bitcoin Addiction. We treat Crypto-Addiction as a Gambling Addiction. Find out more about Cryptocurrency Addiction here.