There is a strong evidence base to support the treatment methods used at Castle Craig, as well as in support of residential rehabilitation treatment for drug and alcohol addictions. Castle Craig has not only academic and theoretical backing for its treatment programme, it also has mounting evidence on its own outcomes. There are very few treatment services that can show this depth of support for their methods.
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2015*
- 73.4% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after about 1 year).
- 91.8% of those questioned either living with reduced alcohol or drug use or totally abstinent.
- 81.6% were classed as a “good outcome” by the independent reviewers.
- Our treatment is very successful. It is evidence based, and the evidence is independently verified.
It is now 5 years ago that I left for treatment at Castle Craig and today I am 5 years clean. Life becomes more and more a pleasant journey and I am day by day more grateful to have a life. Thanks for treatment, it was so good.
– Andrew More Patient Voices
Outcomes from a Cohort of Patients at Castle Craig Hospital, 2010*
- 61% of those who attended treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 67 weeks).
- 89% of those questioned either living with reduced alcohol or drug use, or totally abstinent.
- Our treatment is independently and scientifically proven to work.
2007 Outcome Study for cocaine-addicted patients at Castle Craig Hospital*
66% of those who completed treatment at Castle Craig were totally abstinent from all drugs or alcohol at follow-up (after 3-5 years).
84% of those questioned living with reduced alcohol or drug use, or else completely abstinent.
Our treatment is independently and scientifically proven to work.
(* Independent analysis of outcome data, Christo Research Systems)
A successful treatment programme for addictive disease needs structure because so often in the lives of our patients there is no structure. The drug dictates how they live their life.
– Senior Therapist More Patient Voices
Patient satisfaction survey 2015
250 patients were surveyed between July and December 2015. 98% graded their overall treatment as good, very good or excellent.
Categories that were graded good, very good or excellent by over 90 per cent of patients include – nursing care (95%), detoxification (97%), individual therapy and group therapy (99%), staff support and family therapy (100%).
In 2009 we surveyed 150 patients receiving treatment at Castle Craig Hospital. Overall satisfaction in the first phase of care: 87% with the categories of ‘Nursing Care’, ‘Individual Counselling’, ‘Detoxification’, ‘Group Therapy’, and ‘Staff Attitude’ all scoring 90% or more.
Overall satisfaction in the second phase of care: 82% with individual therapy, group therapy and family therapy all scoring 90% and above.
What makes our treatment successful?
More research information
For a more detailed analysis of our treatment effectiveness as well as the original research papers please visit the Research Section of our website.