Patients at Castle Craig can either pay for rehab treatment privately, or through medical insurance, and some patients receive funding through their national health insurer – in the United Kingdom this is the NHS or the local authority. We are committed to providing the highest quality rehab treatment possible to our patients at the most affordable price; this commitment ensures that you or your loved can afford the treatment programme that they need.
Value for our PatientsWe care about our patients and we know that they may view the cost of rehab treatment as a financial burden. This is why we aim to keep our prices as low as possible, for the high quality of Consultant-led, residential treatment we offer. Our prices are between 25% and 50% cheaper than comparable treatment centres who provide professional medical and therapeutic care.
Private AdmissionsCastle Craig accepts requests for treatment from private paying individuals. Actions for admission as a private patient
- Call our Admissions Department who will advise you on the different payment options.
- A private admission can be arranged within 24 hours if needed and providing we have the following information:
- A letter from your GP with some relevant medical history. This ensures that admission is safe and suitable.
- If, for a sensitive reason, you cannot involve your GP then please call us and we will see what other resources we can use. In all cases, we require some form of medical information.
Private Health InsuranceOur personalised, intensive treatment programme is covered by major private healthcare providers in the UK and abroad, such as BUPA, Aetna, Aviva, CIGNA, WPA, AXA PPP, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Coventry Health Care, JSIS (Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme of the European Union) and others. Admission through private medical insurance can be arranged very quickly, normally within 48 hours, providing we have all relevant information. Three actions for admission as a private patient with Private Medical Insurance
- Find out if your insurance covers residential addiction treatment. Insurers who fund treatment at Castle Craig include: BUPA, CIGNA, Aetna, WPA, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Coventry Health Care, AXA PPP, JSIS (Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme of the European Union) and others;
- Request a referral to Castle Craig from your GP and send us your insurance number;
- We will liaise with your insurance provider and arrange for admission.
How to get NHS Funding for rehabGetting government funding for rehab (residential addiction treatment) is very difficult — but with persistence, and over time, it is possible. The purpose of this web page is to provide addicted people, as well as their friends and families, guidance on how to apply for NHS and/or local authority funding for residential rehab in a private clinic like Castle Craig Hospital.
- Understanding Your Rights and How the System Works
- Keep Good Records
- Get Referred into the System
- Respect the KeyWorker and Follow their Recommendations
- Show Commitment Over a Long Period
- Eventual Assessment for Residential Rehab