If you are a GP, therapist, psychiatrist looking to make a referral to a residential rehab hospital, you can trust Castle Craig with the care of your patient.
We involve referrers in the admissions process and, if we have patient permission, will keep in contact with you throughout their time in treatment with us.
Many people who are addicted to alcohol or drugs will require treatment in a residential setting where there is access to 24-hour medical care, supervised detox and a daily routine of individual counselling and group therapy sessions.
Care is likely to include addicted people who:
- Want to achieve abstinence in a safe, drug-free environment
- Have not been able to maintain abstinence after attendance at AA/NA
- Would benefit from intensive addiction treatment in a supportive community
- Have dual-diagnosis complications such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder
- Have liver disease or other medical complications
- Can only otherwise be put on long-term drug maintenance
- Live in a community where they cannot escape unhealthy influences.
How to refer private patients for inpatient addiction rehab
GPs wishing to make a referral to our hospital for a private patient can immediately write a letter of referral and contact our admissions team.
Castle Craig accepts insurance funded and private paying patients from around the world. Referrals may be self-referrals from family, employers, the medical & counselling professions and substance misuse agencies.
We are committed to working with referrers – private psychiatrists, doctors, other treatment clinics, private therapists, social services and other referring practitioners. This web page provides the necessary information to promote someone’s successful (and quick) admission to Castle Craig.
Overall, responsibility for admissions lies with the admitting doctor or medical director and the consultant psychiatrist.
The first point of contact is our Admissions Team.
Together with the referrer, they will gather all relevant information needed to make an initial assessment.
We will typically request a letter from the patient’s doctor with relevant medical information. Our consultants may then wish to speak with any treating professionals or with the patient, and we may request further information depending on the complexity of the case.
When determining suitability for admission, we will consider the current medical condition of the patient, the patient’s detoxification needs, chemical use history and psychiatric history.
We will keep you updated during the admissions process and treatment
- After referral, our doctors conduct a pre-admission assessment to ascertain the patient’s suitability for treatment. We will continue to liaise with you during this process.
- Before the patient arrives for treatment, we will send them our admission information pack with details of the treatment programme and what to expect when they arrive.
- Once the patient is admitted to treatment, we will continue to liaise with you regarding the patient’s progress and discharge/continuing care recommendations by our Consultant.
- Admissions will generally occur between 9 am and 3 pm on a working day. Monday to Thursday are preferred admission days, although we can start to arrange an admission at any time.
Discharge and ongoing care
Following discharge, patients will be referred back into the care of their case manager, family doctor or the referring clinician.
All patients prepare a continuing care plan as part of their discharge, and Castle Craig provides a range of continuing care services depending on a patient’s needs and location.
Payment & Insurance
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us for an up-to-date price list.
Castle Craig is a registered hospital, and most insurers will fund treatment with us unless they offer policies that exclude therapy for mental health problems.
Insurers who fund treatment at Castle Craig include BUPA, Vitality, CIGNA, WPA, Coventry Health Care, AXA Health, Aetna and others. We will always endeavour to assist with applications for funding from a client’s insurance company. Please get in touch with us for further information.
Are you a Healthcare Professional wishing to make a referral?
Visit Castle Craig
- Experience our 12 Step therapeutic community – an environment is effective in quickly bringing about a process of change in behaviour & self-esteem and preventing relapse;
- See our specialist detox unit, our safety protocols and discuss our policies;
- Hear about the psychotherapies we offer and understand how all of our treatments tie in together and complement each other, enhancing effective and long-lasting recovery;
- Experience one of our complementary therapies and how they enhance the effective and long-lasting results of our programme;
- Learn about our family programme and how we reduce the damaging impact of addiction for the whole family, helping to relieve pressure on GPs and mental health services;
- Learn about our relapse prevention planning, our continuing care programme and how we support patients after leaving.
Arrange a visit
If you are a healthcare professional in the substance misuse field who wishes to visit Castle Craig before you make a referral to us, please fill out the form below, and we will do our best to facilitate your request.
For more information
Call our team
Contact our Admissions Team. They will answer any questions about our treatment programme and the referral process. Please ask to liaise with Nick Axcell or Michele Morphitis, our Partnership Consultants.
Warning to Referral Agents.