Castle Craig’s location is within easy reach of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Carlisle and Newcastle. For patients living further away, the latter two cities have mainline rail stations and airports with national as well as international links.
We try to make the whole process of getting to Castle Craig as easy as possible. We provide a pick-up service and we meet most patients at Edinburgh airport. We can also pick up people from Glasgow, Newcastle or even Manchester airports.
Castle Craig’s location by road:
- From Edinbugh: For Castle Craig’s location from Edinbugh -Follow the A701 to Penicuik. 3 miles after Penicuik turn right at the Leadburn Inn junction, and continue on the A701. After 10 miles (just after the village of Blyth Bridge) turn left onto the A72 (direction Peebles). Castle Craig is located on the A72 after half a mile.
- From Glasgow: For Castle Craig’s location from Glasgow -Drive towards Carnwath on the A73, then continue on the A721 and the A70. Eventually the road connects with the A72 at Blyth Bridge and you take the road towards Peebles.
- From N.W. England: For Castle Craig’s location from N.W England- If you are driving up the M6 turn off the motorway (the A74/M) at Abingdon and follow the A702. After the town of Biggar turn right on the A721 and this connects up with the A72 (follow signs to Peebles). Castle Craig Hospital is on the right hand side.
- From N.E. England: For Castle Craig’s location from N.E England – Take the A68 from Newcastle and turn left at Melrose. Follow signs for Peebles on – the A72. Continue on the A72 through Peebles until you reach Castle Craig Hospital on the left hand side.
Our address is:
Castle Craig Hospital
EH46 7DH (post code)
0808 231 4686
Castle Craig Servicing the UK
If you still have any trouble with finding Castle Craig Hospital, please do contact us and we will do our utmost to help you with your journey.
Taxis and Buses
We provide a free transport service for patients throughout treatment. Our drivers make trips to Edinburgh and Penicuik each day and we do our best to pick up family members and visitors if their travel schedules coincide with previously planned transport for patients.
If you are not coming to Castle Craig for treatment then you will usually need to make your own way here and we are happy to help you plan your journey if you need our assistance.
We recommend these local taxi companies:
- For 4 Taxi. 5 Jean Fleming House, Broomlee Crescent, West Linton (7 miles from Castle Craig). +44 (0)7977 044 044. Single trip to/from Edinburgh Airport £40. Single trip to Peebles or Biggar £15. Single trip to Lanark £20.
- Green-Lyne Taxis. West Linton. +44 (0)7771 756471. £45 single to/from Edinburgh Airport.
- DS Private Hire. West Linton. +44 (0)7710 762611 / +44 (0) 1968 660730. Price on application.
There is no public bus to Castle Craig but there are plenty of buses running from Edinburgh to the nearby locations of Penicuik, West Linton, Peebles and Biggar — from where we can pick you up. For information on routes and times visit the Lothian Bus Journey Planner or call one of our secretaries for help.