Rehab is available for any type of drug. However, it’s a good idea to make sure the rehab you’re looking into has experience in treating your specific issue, especially if you have a co-occurring disorder.
Drug addictions we treat:
Most psychoactive drugs fall into the categories of stimulants, depressants, opiates and hallucinogens. All these types of drugs are addictive, induce dependence and have different effects on the human brain and body.
- Stimulants act on the central nervous system and are associated with feelings of extreme well-being, increased mental and motor activity. Examples include cocaine, crack cocaine, amphetamines (speed) and ecstasy (which is also a hallucinogen).
- Depressants are chemicals that slow down the central nervous system and suppress brain activity causing relief from anxiety. The most common depressants are alcohol and cannabis. Others include barbiturates and benzodiazepines (e.g. valium, xanax, temazepam).
- Opiate & Opioid drugs provide pain relief, euphoria, sedation and in increasing doses induce coma. Examples include heroin, morphine, opium, methadone, dipipanone and pethidine. Click to read about heroin and opiate detox
- Hallucinogens cause changes in a person’s perception of reality. These include cannabis, LSD, ecstasy and psilocybin (magic mushrooms)
Types of addictive drugs we treat
- Heroin, Ketamine, Legal Highs
- Methadone, Methamphetamine, Amphetamines
- Anabolic Steroids, Antidepressants (SSRIs), Bath Salts
- Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines,Cannabis
- Cocaine, Ecstasy, GHB Drug
- LSD, Opioids & Painkillers
- Salvia, Synthetic Cannabis (Spice), Synthetic Hallucinogens
Personalised Treatment Model and Detox for Drug Addiction
In addition to the 12 Steps, Castle Craig utiliSes cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and other evidence-based therapies.
Detox treats withdrawal symptoms caused by the abrupt or gradual cessation of the abused substances and is the first step on the road to recovery.
Our world-class medical team supervises our drug rehab detoxification programme and provides 24/7 care, support, and encouragement to make detox as safe and comfortable as possible.
As each patient comes to us with unique life experiences and circumstances surrounding their addiction, the personal treatment needs of each individual are taken into account when we develop the treatment plan.
Because our treatment is residential and located on on-site, patients can join in the daily routine of individual counselling and group therapy as soon as their physical condition permits.
In addition to detox, our programme includes:
- Medical assessments
- 12 Step facilitation
- Individual therapy with a personal, focal therapist who works with patients throughout their stay, conducts one-on-one therapy sessions and shapes their aftercare plan alongside the Head Nurse and Consultant Psychiatrist
- Group therapy
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Family therapy
- Complementary therapies that have been proven effective for patients with substance misuse disorders
Learn more by contacting our addiction admissions team. Call 01721 722 763
Drug Rehab | What’s it like | Choosing a rehab | Private/NHS | Inpatient vs Outpatient | Prices | Length of Stay | Admissions | Drug Detox | Free support | Success rates | Drug treatment/therapy | Aftercare
Page last reviewed and clinically fact-checked | November 5, 2021