We offer a number of complementary therapies which focus on relaxation and assisting with sleep disturbance. A degree of insomnia is very common during detoxification and we endeavour to use natural methods where possible to relieve this. A healthy sleep pattern will always promote the effectiveness of detoxification.
Indian Head Massage may be included in individual treatment plans, depending on availability and referral by either medical or therapeutic staff.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage: Indian Head Massage stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck, thus helping to remove waste products from the body.
- Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia: These are often side-effects of stress and Indian Head Massage relieves stress and promotes relaxation by attacking the physical symptoms, thus allowing for a deeper sense of wellbeing and relaxation.
- Relieves symptoms of anxiety and depression: Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain which is one of the best ways of reducing anxiety and of lifting one’s mood.
- Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back pain: Often tension in the upper back, neck and head lead to migraines, headaches and back pain, and sometimes depression.
- Renews energy levels: Indian Massage has a powerful effect in bringing the energy of the body back into balance.
- Boosts memory capabilities: Massaging the head slows us down, sensual awareness takes over, thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront. Promotes hair growth: The massage increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicle which in turns stimulates hair growth.
We often ask patients to complete evaluation forms on certain aspects of our treatment programme so that we can offer the best service possible. Our Indian Head Massage sessions received exceptionally positive comments and it is clear that our patients benefit both physically and mentally from this holistic therapy:
‘Minnie’s healing hands are fantastic – a wonderful and professional service with both physical and emotional benefits.’
‘Truly a multi-level connection, anxiety drops, serenity increases- one of the highpoints in the week.’
‘After the massage I didn’t have a headache at night, it really helped me.’
‘It’s really helpful for stress in the neck and shoulders.’
‘Super relaxing. Helps me with my ADHD.’
‘I felt less stressed and had a great sleep, thanks.’
‘Very relaxing, and Minnie was wonderful.’
‘It made me feel completely relaxed.’
Page last reviewed and clinically fact-checked | January 27, 2020