Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and new coronavirus infection prevention measures that we have put into place, unfortunately we can’t offer HBOT at this time.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Ltd offers Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) in a 12 seater hyperbaric chamber, located onsite. Clients of Castle Craig rehab clinic have used the chamber for a number of years to aid recovery from a variety of conditions.
The Benefits of HBOT
HBOT involves breathing 100% oxygen in a spacious, pressurised oxygen chamber. Breathing oxygen under pressure has many benefits, especially for people going through detox from drugs and alcohol, and during the rest of the addiction recovery programme. HBOT can:
- Halve the symptoms of opiate withdrawal;
- Help repair damaged bodies – the treatment increases tissue regeneration and decreases swelling and inflammation by increasing oxygenated blood-flow to damaged tissue and generating new blood vessels;
- Help to clear toxins, which is important during drug and alcohol detoxification;
- Help improve decision-making and controlling emotions by improving quality and quantity of sleep;
- Increase stem cell production by 800%, these cells regenerate damaged tissues in the pancreas, liver and brain and other areas affected by alcohol and drug abuse.
Staff are fully trained to supervise conditions in the chamber; and the type of chamber used is so safe that it was deregulated by an Act of Parliament in 2008.
A 2016 HBO2T research study, funded by the US Government National Institute of Health, and published in the journal Brain Research, found that HBOT can halve the symptoms of opiate withdrawal. The lead researcher hailed the discovery as of “profound importance” at a time when heroin use has doubled among young Americans in the last decade.
Patients with Liver Damage
We hope that HBOT will be of interest to liver damaged patients and their doctors where standard treatment options are restricted.
The first two sessions are offered free of charge to clients at Castle Craig, and cost £20 per session thereafter. Each session lasts for 45 minutes. Patients may begin receiving oxygen therapy after sign-off from the clinical team.
Hyperbaric O2 Therapy Ltd, a non-profit organisation, provides hyperbaric oxygen therapy on-site at Castle Craig.
Alternatively, contact us for more information.