One on one psychotherapy is an important part of rehab treatment at Castle Craig. Through private, one-on-one sessions the specialist addiction therapist and patient speak in complete privacy. Through Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) our therapists explore and address the underlying issues around the addiction on a case-by-case basis, leading to effective and sustained recovery.
What Individual Sessions Achieve
Your focal therapist will guide the sessions in order to:
- Address deep-rooted personal issues e.g. trauma, grief, abuse;
- Motivate the patient to achieve and maintain abstinence;
- Change attitudes and behaviours that may lead to relapse;
- Maximise insight into the addiction;
- Address the impact addiction has had on the patient’s life.
The sessions follow a clear structure, in line with the treatment programme directed by our Consultant Psychiatrist, and are a key part of your personal treatment plan. Sessions take place twice weekly.
How Individual Rehab Therapy Works
Individual therapy gives you the chance to speak in complete privacy and confidentiality with a specialist therapist. Our therapists are practitioner members or are accredited with BACP (British Association For Counselling And Psychotherapy) and COSCA (Counselling and Psychotherapy Scotland). Some have (are working towards) further accreditations such as university Masters degrees. Our addictions therapists are trained to use a discreet and sensitive approach with patients, encouraging them to open up about matters they may find difficult to share within a group setting.
We have over 30 years of experience in the field of addictions.
Further Diverse Therapies Offered at Castle Craig
- Group Therapy sessions;
- Complementary Therapy such as mindfulness & meditation;
- Experiential Therapy such as equine therapy;
- Speciality Therapy such as trauma therapy.
Page last reviewed and clinically fact-checked | April 27, 2021