Our Approach to Executive Rehab
The Castle Craig Executive Programme offers an intensive rehab treatment plan with added wellness activities for clients. We understand that confidentiality and anonymity are of the utmost importance and we guarantee complete discretion throughout the assessment and treatment process. We are committed to providing a high quality service to our patients; your well-being is our priority.
The main aspects of the Executive Rehab Programme include:
- Frequent and intensive 1:1 therapy five times a week;
- Relaxation and wellness through spa and massage;
- Personal 1:1 fitness training sessions;
- Dedicated attention from our Hospitality Manager;
- An extremely comfortable Executive bedroom with double bed and extra amenities;
- A daily laundry and housekeeping service;
- A therapeutic discretionary allowance for use of laptop and phone;
- A daily schedule itemising all your activities for each day.
The Executive Rehab Programme is particularly suitable for senior executives and company directors and those encountering high level demands.
Executive Rehab and Addiction Treatment
Our Executive Programme clients are appointed a skilled and experienced focal psychotherapist from our team of senior therapists. Your focal therapist oversees the therapy plan from the earliest stage through to the continuing care plan. Your focal therapist will be available to meet frequently with you and shape your personalised treatment programme.
Aspects of Addiction Treatment
- Assessment by a Consultant Psychiatrist, Senior Therapist and multidisciplinary team;
- Detoxification from drugs and alcohol in a private, Executive bedroom;
- Individual psychotherapy (Monday to Friday);
- Group therapy – there is very strong evidence for the clinical effectiveness of these groups;
- Specialist groups when a need is identified by the focal therapist e.g. grief group, gambling group, eating disorders group, PTSD treatment;
- CBT to address stress and burnout (if assessment indicates a need);
- Complementary therapies (equine therapy, drumming, art therapy);
- Family counselling – conjoint family therapy between patient, family member and therapist;
- Relaxation and mindfulness therapy are of particular benefit to those suffering with stress;
- Family Recovery Workshop – a psychoeducational weekend workshop for family members only;
- Two-year personalised continuing care plan.
Private Fitness Sessions
At the beginning of your treatment you will meet with our fitness instructor for a personal assessment and discussion about your fitness goals. We arrange a number of regular personal fitness sessions in line with clinical recommendations.
Aspects of Wellness
During the assessment, we take time to understand your wellness needs and requirements, including your preferred wellness therapies or exercise routines. Priority access to wellness and complementary therapies is assured for our Executive clients; these can include:
- Personal trainer for private fitness sessions
- Digital detox
- Acupuncture which is especially beneficial during detox
- Two sessions per week with a massage therapist for Aromatherapy and Indian Head Massage
- Complementary Therapies (subject to booking and availability) on request:
High End Spa and Wellness
Our Executive Programme clients have access to upmarket spa and gym facilities near Castle Craig. You can make use of swimming, spa, and gym facilities at weekends. Spa visits are dependent upon your physical condition and completion of detoxification.
On a weekday you will benefit from a programme of daily one-to-one therapy, group therapy, psycho-educational work, offsite meetings, personal fitness, wellness activities, and outings or other leisure activities. On weekends we provide a more relaxed programme of activities and treatment including a spa visit and shopping trips.
Family Counselling for Addictions
Your focal therapist liaises with your family members to ensure that they are involved in the treatment process (with permission) and help arrange their visit to Castle Craig for a private family therapy session. When family members visit executive clients we offer to assist in their stay by recommending/booking hotels and arranging transport and meals. Family members are also invited to our Family Recovery Workshop weekends which take place at the Barony Castle Hotel in Peebles and are run by our talented Senior Specialist Therapist, Teri Lyn Fairnie.
Bespoke Hospitality on our Executive Rehab Programme
Our Hospitality Manager meets with you frequently to ensure you are comfortable, update you on your daily timetable and assist with any requests you might have. Our staff work diligently behind the scenes to ensure you receive a daily schedule which itemises your sessions and activities for each day.
Castle Craig has specially allocated private, en suite bedrooms for the comfort of our Executive Programme clients. Your bedroom contains a comfortable double bed with comfortable bedding, an en suite bathroom, a writing desk and magnificent views over the hills of the Scottish countryside.
A range of complementary hospitality amenities are offered to our Executive Programme clients to ensure comfort and well-being during your time here:
- Daily laundry service
- Daily room servicing
- Fresh flowers, fruit and water in the bedroom
- Daily newspaper
- Double bed with high quality cotton bedsheets, goose down pillows and duvet, thick soft towels
- Complementary bathrobe and slippers
- Complementary umbrella
- Computer and phone access, subject to therapeutic usage agreement (discussed during assessment)
- Hospitality assistance
The following bespoke services can be arranged during your stay in treatment, and are subject to additional charges.
- Intervention with a qualified and experienced interventionist
- Accompanied transport from door to door by a recommended interventionist
- Dry-cleaning service
- Beauty and hair appointments
- Sessions with an external holistic therapist for diverse holistic therapies
- Appointment with dietician / nutritionist, dentist or other external clinical professional
- Bespoke family programme
- Interpreter to accompany patients
- Sober-companion/ one-to-one therapy as part of continuing care
- Refresher programme – where clients may return to the clinic for four days to consolidate their recovery
- Escorted trip during free time e.g. tourism, clay pigeon shooting, golf, fishing, shopping, horse riding (as agreed with Executive Programme Coordinator).
Prices of bespoke extras available on request. Subject to availability.
Booking & Assessment for the Executive Rehab Programme
As soon as a booking is requested, our Executive Programme Coordinator takes personal charge of the client’s assessment. Some medical information may be requested prior to admission. The assessment also includes an exchange of information with any treating clinicians, and relevant family members or partners. Our Hospitality Manager phones new patients prior to their arrival to discuss their hospitality preferences or needs, and then ensures that your needs are met by liaising with staff from all departments on your behalf.
A full clinical and psychotherapeutic assessment takes place once the client arrives at Castle Craig and is seen by the team.
Castle Craig staff can advise on best flight options, be it by private jet or normal flight, and assist with booking. Our Transport Manager provides a private meet and greet service for Executive Programme clients on arrival at Edinburgh International Airport. Castle Craig is located 40 minutes drive from Edinburgh International Airport and our door-to-door service is prompt.
We understand that arriving at a private clinic can feel overwhelming and you may experience feelings of anxiety, so we aim to ease you through this process by providing a welcome and orientation upon arrival. Executive patients are welcomed by the programme coordinator and Hospitality Manager, offered some refreshment and are seen by the medical staff for their assessments before being shown to your room to unpack. Assessments take 2-4 hours.
The length of our Executive Programme is 4 weeks and costs £9,900 per week. A 2-week programme can be agreed at an extra cost (£11,880 per week). A 2-week deposit is required in advance to secure the booking. This deposit is 50% refundable in case of cancellation up until the day of admission. Separate charges apply for extra activities which are outside the programme and can be discussed during your time here.
Enquire about our Executive Rehab and Recovery Treatment Programme
If you are interested in the Executive Programme at Castle Craig, please contact our admissions team with your enquiry.
Executive Programme Testimonials
Some feedback we have received on our Executive Programme clients:
- Programme Coordinator: “Outstanding”
- Hospitality Manager: “Very on-the-ball and attentive”
- Personal Therapy: “Outstanding and the highlight of my recovery”
- Nursing Care:
- “Very friendly/Flexible with times.”
- “Kind, considerate and helpful with all.”
- Family Support:
- Private Fitness:
- “Really enjoyed these with Dave. A highlight for me.”
- “Dave is a true asset here.”
- Housekeeping Services: “The team are amazing”
- “I have really enjoyed and appreciated the sessions with Mark, who has also helped beyond just the therapy”.
- Excellent Therapy, catering, housekeeping, medical, hospitality.”
Why did you join the Executive Programme?
- “Increased one on one sessions/personalised approach”
- “The complete package”
- “Location, 12 Step programme, Fellowship, Flexibility”