Signs To Look Out For:
Family members or friends may notice changes in the appearance and behaviour of a drug addict:
- Has their behaviour or personality changed recently? Are they withdrawn, irritable, anxious, apathetic?
- Have their eating habits changed?
- Do they seem to be neglecting their hygiene and appearance?
- Have they lost interest in activities which they used to enjoy?
- Do they socialise with a different set of friends?
- Are they running into financial difficulties?
- Are they getting into trouble with the law?
Drug Addiction Recovery
Many who are dependent on drugs will require treatment in a residential rehab centre where there is access to 24-hour medical care, supervised detox and a daily routine of individual counselling and group therapy sessions.
You should consult with your G.P. and visit Narcotics Anonymous online. This self-help group which steadily grows in membership is similar to Alcoholics Anonymous but has a focus on other drugs of addiction. Your local Narcotics Anonymous groups can offer immediate help and support to persons who are addicted.
For information 24 hours a day on admissions and drug addiction treatment and support available at Castle Craig contact us.
Page last reviewed and medically fact-checked | January 21, 2020