90 Day ‘Gold Standard’ Rehab Programme
As a length of treatment, Castle Craig promotes the 90 days ‘Gold Standard’, which is proven to be the threshold for significant improvement in long-term recovery.
Our Extended Treatment Programme is extremely valuable for people who could benefit from a longer stay in residential rehab. Those with:
- A long history of addiction,
- Those who are experiencing prolonged drug withdrawal e.g. benzodiazepines,
- Those with Dual Diagnosis which can include:
- Other addictions which need addressing,
- Post-traumatic stress disorder,
- Eating disorders,
- Mood disorders, personality disorders or depression;
- Chronic pain issues,
- Those who simply want more time to strengthen relapse prevention skills, coping skills and life skills in a safe environment.
Strengthening the Foundations for a Long Lasting Recovery
Separate from the first stage of care, our Extended Treatment programme helps patients to:
- Strengthen the gains made in our 6 week intensive care programme,
- Receive further therapy to address complex issues,
- Develop and practise life skills,
- Consolidate relapse prevention skills.
Patients feel the benefits of abstinence while receiving ongoing medical care, therapy and living in a safe environment.
Our Extended Treatment programme is open to anyone who has been through a 4-6 week, 12 Step based rehab treatment programme.
We fully brief patients on the treatment and therapy programme before they move into this stage of treatment. Patients receive ongoing follow-ups from our Consultant Psychiatrist as necessary, and therapy is managed by experienced senior therapists. Staff meet regularly to discuss each patient and their individualised treatment plans with the medical and therapeutic team. We work with external referral sources by providing regular updates on the patient’s progress.